Self-Help for leongal

My life is about learning and motivating, not only myself but people whom I care and wish to care.....

Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting Back To Passion and Connection in your Relationship or Life

by Susie and Otto Collins
Since it's approaching the time that schools starta new year in the USA, it's certainly a reminderto all of us to "get back" to what's important inour lives.Although we might become even busier as weapproach the fall season, we can make consciouschoices now to create more passion and connection in our lives and relationships.With this in mind, here are 5 powerful ways to increase passion, love, and connection that havebeen sent in by readers like you. We invite you to try them out in your life!

1. "We try to have a positive attitude about everydaylife and make each other smile or laugh! We laughat the silliest things! We go to bed about the sametime every night and snuggle and we say ourprayers together while holding one another. It is avery warm and touching experience."

2. "My boyfriend and I love to try to do not just 'fun'things together, but 'childlike fun' things togetherto refresh our relationship. Childhood is usually aunique time when a feeling of passionate playcomes into enjoyable activities."My boyfriend and I try to tap into that 'passionateplayful' feeling by doing things we loved to do askids, but do not usually think of doing as adults."We feel a playful freedom going to Disney Worldtogether, (without any kids with us), and other themeparks, or water parks. We recently tried roller skating,and ice skating again after almost 20 years."And how often now do you find yourself dancingin the privacy of your own home as adults? It isprobably something most of us did as kids in ourlocked bedroom. I try to put on music as much aspossible instead of television (at first very much against my boyfriends wishes) and take his hands and dance for a little bit here and there while one of us prepares dinner. We always end up smiling."

3. The best way I have found to show my husbandI care is by taking packaged snacks and using punsfrom the names to tell him I care. Baby Ruth " Baby,you are the best." ; Planter's nuts " I'm nuts aboutyou." etc. It keeps things interesting, cheerful, andfun while he knows I am thinking about him.

4. "...There is one thing my partner can do that willkeep me forever in love with him. And that is tounderstand and accept that I am his partner butstill an individual with thoughts, feelings, ideas andviews that might be different from his. He allowsme freedom to be my own person, not just anextension of him because we are partners."

5. "In my relationship, I think one of the keys to itis always make time for one another.Even if youonly have 5 mins, let the other person know howmuch you care about them."Always say I love you. Plus always keep opencommunication with your partner. Be a good listenerand tell them what you are hearing from what theyhave to say. Make sure you both understand thesame way."Be romantic on the spur of the moment. Go for awalk together. Read together. Do fun things. Haveone night set aside for a date night with each other.Go away for a romantic weekend. Make breakfastand serve it in bed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home